Planning a new home
Below find a structured outline on how the building planning process is broken down into individual stages, allowing future Home Owners to get a step by step planning guide for their new project.
Preliminary Building Stages:
After choosing a new home or extension design, there are certain steps that both the Client and Horley Homes have to undertake before the construction can commence.
Items such as final plans have to be created, approvals from Council need to be obtained and various selections by the home owner have to be undertaken.
The following guide will give future home owners an appreciation of the steps required prior to the commencement of construction.
- The future home owner purchases land.
- The client contacts Horley Homes or the preferred designer.
- A site survey is acquired.
- Preliminary drawings created with owners & designer, with consideration of council requirements.
- Horley Homes gives an estimate of construction costs based on those drawings.
- Construction Plans are drawn.
- Foundation report is obtained & Engineering plans are generated.
- Contract price formalized.
- Preliminary agreement signed.
- Time Plan Schedule generated to suit the client & the construction type.
- The Client commences the selection process.
- The Client meets with Horley Homes to finalize materials and colour selections.
- A General Specification is drawn up along with a Material & Colour Specification, checked, adjusted if necessary and accepted by both parties.
- The Client is provided with the contract and specifications for final sign off.
- The Client provides proof of funding if necessary.
- Payment of statutory obligations ( Q.B.C.C. Insurance and Q Leave if necessary).
- Council Approval Forms lodged either by the client or Horley Homes.
- Horley Homes prepares construction files & commences ordering materials.
“Don Horley and his team recently did a complete renovation to our house. Throughout this time Don was easy to communicate with and he really listened. Nothing was a problem that couldn't be solved. We are so happy with the end result and would highly recommend Horley Homes.”
Gary and Erica Quinn
“Don's ability to understand, visualise and build solutions is rapid and considered. His advice to both sub-contractors and clients has always impressed me. To find a Builder with a passion for quality that can exceed the Architects design intent, as Don has is rare.”
Thanks to Don's superb craftsmanship and professional approach, we have a house which we are happy and proud to call our home. We enjoyed our experience so much and are so pleased with the outcome that we will look forward to building with Don again in the future!”
Rupert & Tracey Standing
The final product was quite an improvement on the design with which we started out and the house is a building of which the whole family is extremely proud. It is also an impressive addition to the streetscape which includes a number of million dollar plus homes.”
Bernie SteinDicky Beach House
We owned an old fibro shack at Peregian Beach on the dune over looking the ocean. Don quickly and efficiently picked up the brief and built our new home on time and within the budget. We would recommend to anyone contemplating building that Don Horley would be the man for the job.”
Shane Horgan and Jan ConnorsPeregian Beach House